Corpus Christi School, Glenroy

Corpus Christi School, Glenroy

Principal:  Mr Stephen Lucardie

E No.  E1190

Year Levels:  P to 6

Phone Number:  9306 3062

Email Website

History:

Corpus Christi Parish commenced in January 1955 with the opening of the church/school in the building which currently houses the school library, with an enrolment of 284 students and five teachers. The Sisters of Charity staffed and ran the school until 1980.

In the 1960s the school population peaked at over 1000 students and new classrooms were built to accommodate this large number. In 1974, a new Administration Block and two additional classrooms were built. In 1994 a refurbishing program, funded by the Commonwealth Government and a Schools Provident Fund Loan, was completed. This entailed renovations to four existing classrooms, the Administration area and the building of new children's toilet facilities. Landscape gardening of the school grounds was also incorporated into the development of the school plan. In 2007, the Administration office area, staff facilities, the Library and classrooms were refurbished.


Description:

The school community comprises families from a large number of cultural backgrounds including Italian, Arabic, Lebanese, Assyrian, Vietnamese, Croatian, Polish, Greek, Maltese, Hindu, Spanish, Chinese, Sri Lankan, Filipino and Korean. Over 50 per cent of the students have language backgrounds other than English, with 10 per cent of students born outside Australia.


Features:

• 11 Classrooms – 3 classes of Prep–Year 1, 2 classes of Year 2, 3 classes of Year 3–4, 3 classes of Year 5–6
• 0.7 Literacy Coordinator
• 0.6 Performing Arts Specialist
• 0.4 LOTE (Italian) teacher
• 0.4 Physical Education Specialist
• 0.6 Teacher librarian
• Integration Aides
• Sacramental preparation:
Year 3 Reconciliation
Year 4 Eucharist
Year 6 Confirmation

School location

Address:  13-21 Widford Street
Glenroy VIC 3046

Diocese:  Archdiocese of Melbourne

Region:  Northern

Parish:  Corpus Christi