Academy of Mary Immaculate, Fitzroy

Academy of Mary Immaculate, Fitzroy

Principal:  Sr Mary Moloney RSM

E No.  E1044

Year Levels:  7 to 12

Phone Number:  9412 7100

Email Website

History:

The Academy of Mary Immaculate is the oldest girls' secondary school in Victoria, having been established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1857. From 1857 until the present day, the Academy has existed on its original site in Nicholson Street, Fitzroy. The foundress of the Academy of Mary Immaculate was Mother Ursula Frayne and the Ursula Frayne Memorial Chapel, situated on the College site, is dedicated to her and is the place of her interment.


Description:

The Academy of Mary Immaculate endeavours to promote the Catholic faith and ethos and to provide an environment in which our students develop spiritually, physically, emotionally and intellectually, according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The College offers a most comprehensive range of subjects, both academic and practical, catering for approximately 630 students from Years 7 – 12 who come from a wide area of Melbourne.

The Academy of Mary Immaculate is one of a number of Catholic Secondary Colleges owned and administered by the Sisters of Mercy.

The Sisters of Mercy see education as a major form of responsibility which flows out of their particular vocation in the Church as sharing in the mission of mercy of Jesus Christ who came to reveal to all people the steadfast merciful love of God for them.

In particular, the Sisters of Mercy and those who work alongside them, are called to make known this merciful love of God through an apostolic service to those in need.


School location

Address:  88 Nicholson Street
Fitzroy VIC 3065

Diocese:  Archdiocese of Melbourne

Region:  Southern

Parish:  All Saint's